PROGRAM OVERVIEW 2019
Module 1: Specificities of the Swiss energy transition
17-18 January, 2019
Eniwa, Aarau, Switzerland
- Energy Strategy 2050. Dr. Frank Rutschmann, Head of Renewable Energy Section, Swiss Federal Office of Energy.
- What is a transition? Prof. Benjamin Sovacool, University of Sussex.
- The entrepreneurial and political landscape for a successful energy transition. Ronny Kaufmann, CEO, Swisspower.
- Welcome to ENIWA. Dr. Hans-Kaspar Scherrer, CEO, ENIWA AG.
- Hydrogen in Switzerland? Dr. Philipp Dietrich, CEO, H2Energy.
- Gas to bridge the gap? Esther Hardi, Strategist and Senior Innovation Manager, Alliander.
- Technological implications of integrating high shares of renewables. Dr. Fabrizio Sossan, EPFL/ETHZ.
- Round table discussion on the potential of renewable energy in Switzerland
- Energy models as tools for the transition. Paul van Baal, PhD Student, EPFL.
Module 2: Urban energy transition management and business opportunities
4-5 April, 2019
Groupe-E, Freiburg, Switzerland
- The future of cities and the impact of digitalisation. Prof. Matthias Finger, EPFL.
- Business model innovation in the energy sector. Orlando Gehrig, Head of Swisspower Innovation, Swisspower.
- Welcome to Groupe-E.
- Mobility in cities.
- Storing heat? Prof. Jörg Worlitschek, Hochschule Luzern.
- Round-table discussion – Heat and the future of our cities
- Prof. Jörg Worlitschek, Hochschule Luzern
- Gas versus heat pumps.
- Sun Raising in Bern. Michael Hoekstra, SunRaising.
Module 3: Cross-sectoral and multi-level governance
13-14 June, 2019
EWB, Bern, Switzerland
- The different impacts of the energy transition. Prof. Finger, EPFL.
- Welcome by EWB.
- Cantonal governance.
- Mobility in Switzerland.
Module 4: Future market design, network regulation and policy changes
19-20 September, 2019
EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Switzerland – Past and present. Prof. Matthias Finger, EPFL.
- Market liberalisation under current market conditions. Dr. Pradyum Bhagwat, Florence School of Regulation.
- Regulatory and legal perspective on market design. Dr. Brigitta Kratz, Lecturer at University St. Gallen, Former Vice-Director of ElCom.
- Digitalisation and the energy transition.
- Political goals and long-term market developments. Benoit Revaz, Director, Swiss Federal Office of Energy.
- Round-table discussion – Future of the Swiss market.
- Benoit Revaz, Director, Swiss Federal Office of Energy.
- Ronny Kaufmann, CEO, Swisspower.
- Eric Nussbaumer, Social Democratic Party.
- Regulating market trading.