PROGRAM OVERVIEW 2018
Module 1: Managing the nuclear phase-out and high shares of renewables
25-26 January, 2018
CKW, Luzern, Switzerland
- Energy Strategy 2050. Dr. Frank Rutschmann, Head of Renewable Energy Section, Swiss Federal Office of Energy.
- Welcome to CKW. Esther Denzler, Head of the Energy Division at CKW.
- The entrepreneurial and political landscape for a successful energy transition. Ronny Kaufmann, CEO at Swisspower.
- Energy models as tools for the transition. Paul van Baal, EPFL & Reinier Verhoog, EPFL.
- Gas in Switzerland? René Baggenstos, Managing Director at Enerprice Service.
- Technological implications of integrating high shares of renewables. Prof. Mario Paolone, EPFL.
- Blockchain in the energy sector. Scott Kessler, Director, Business Development at LO3 Energy.
Module 2: Urban energy transition management and business opportunities
19-20 April, 2018
SIG, Geneva, Switzerland
- The future of cities and the impact digitalisation. Prof. Matthias Finger, EPFL.
- The potential for geothermal power. Marcel Ruegg, Advisor to the CEO at SIG & Michel Meyer, Geothermal expert at SIG.
- Energy City. Charlotte Spörndli, Energy consultant at Brandes Energie.
- Digitalisation and the energy transition. Frédéric Gastaldo, CEO Swisscom Energy Solutions AG.
- Business model innovation in the energy sector Orlando Gehrig, Head of Swisspower Innovation.
- Accelerating sustainable development at the cutting edge. Michael Bützer, Associate of Cleantech21.
- Mobility in Switzerland – The present and the future. Dr. Gil Georges, Head of LAV’s Energy System Group at ETH Zurich
- Storing heat? Prof. Jörg Worlitschek, HSLU.
Module 3: Multi-level governance and transition interactions
14-15 June, 2018
EWB, Bern, Switzerland
- The different impacts of the energy transition. Prof. Matthias Finger, EPFL & Dr. Manuel Fischer, EAWAG.
- Welcome to EWB. Peter Berchtold & Martin Jutzeler, EWB.
- Cantonal governance. Laurent Balsiger, Energy director, Direction générale de l’environnement, Canton de Vaud.
- Wind power in Switzerland. Reto Rigassi, CEO ENCO AG, .
- Can hydrogen be financially viable? Rolf Huber, CEO H2Energy.
- Spatial development and the energy transition. Dr. Ulrich Seewer, Vice director mobility, space and infrastructures, Federal Office for Spatial Development
- Mobility and the energy transition. Roger Nordmann, President of environment, spatial planning and energy committees..
- Solar power in Switzerland. Dr. Stephan Nowak, Managing Director at NET.
- Round-table discussion: The multiple interactions of the energy transition.
Module 4: Future market design, network regulation and policy changes
20-21 September, 2018
EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- De and re-regulation of network industries. Prof. Matthias Finger, EPFL.
- Market liberalisation under current market conditions.
- Demand-side management.
- Regulating market trading.
- Political goals and long-term market developments. Benoit Revaz, Director of Swiss Federal Office of Energy.
- Energy as a service.
- Round-table discussion: next steps in the Swiss Energy Transition.